Saturday, January 19, 2008

01.19.2008 - First Phase of Follow-Up Treatment

It is 01.19.2008 and I am finally feeling better after a lot of sickness. I was sick for most of the past week yet again. Now, I feel normal, which is so nice. Last night was the first time in a while that I actually felt hungry to eat a snack between meals. No more nausea or vomiting. I lost almost a pound a day this last week according to nurse in the oncologist's office. My appetite has been so decreased that I have been finding that far smaller portions are all I need to feel full now. I guess my stomach is markedly smaller than what it used to be.

Many people have asked what happens next and I have a time line for that now. In slightly over three weeks, I will get the brain MRI and start the three day intense IV chemotherapy plan.

Overall, I must say that I felt worse this past week and a half than I did following either surgical procedure.

No comments: