Wednesday, December 3, 2008

12.03.2008 - They Couldn't Do Much For Me

The past several days have been horrible. Now, we knew on Thanksgiving that Grant had a cough, but we didn't know it would turn into the nightmare of all colds and flues. I hardly ever get sick and have been suffering from this since Saturday. My nights have been so awful. I get hardly any sleep, toss and turn, and am so congested from the excessive phlegm. I had an appointment on 12.03.2008 to get more Avastin and have my blood counts checked, but I was so out of it that I thought I might run the risk of crashing my car. Carissa and I packed the kids in the car and she drove me to my appointment. I had already decided that I wouldn't be doing the Avastin IV due to my illness and I wanted to have my nurse and doctor assess my symptoms. The doctor told me that I did not have pneumonia. I told him about the restless nights, the neverending phlegm, the coughing, the hacking, the fatigue, etc. I also asked him for a prescription for something to help me sleep. The sleepless nights have probably been the worst thing I have been dealing with. Severe sleep deprivation can exacerbate the risk of seizures too and we don't want that. He also wrote me a prescription for a cough suppressant with codeine to help with the coughing. What I really wanted was to be magically alleved of all my symptoms, but that was not to be. I was only at work for 90 minutes yesterday and didn't go today. I don't anticipate being at work tomorrow either based on how this has been going. I just want it to end.

No comments: