Saturday, November 17, 2007

11.17.2007 - Treatment Schedule

After meeting with the neurooncologist again on 11.17.2007, he had a preference to begin treatment starting after Thanksgiving weekend. We could have started this coming week, but he did not want to start with an abbreviated week that then had the four day Thanksgiving holiday off from the therapy. Simultaneous administration of chemotherapy and focused radiation therapy should take place on the weekdays after that time and should conclude in mid-January.

I feel better and better each day with less fatigue as each day goes on, but we'll see what effect the therapy has on my mind and body because the most significant side effect described by the physicians is increased fatigue.

I now have some projects to work on from home from my employer and we will see how that goes too. I wanted to work again and know that it can only be part time for now. My employer has been very supportive and willing to let me work from home right now.

2 comments:

mario moreno said...

Hi Russell,

Droppin a note from the guys at Station 3 B team...Mario, Mike Lecy and WILD BILL...

Obviously you are hanging tough and staying positive.

Our thoughts are with you and the family.

Mario

Rachel said...

Hello Russell,

You and your family are in my prayers! You are a strong man and I know you will get through this!

Take Care
Rachel (SVDPS)