Friday, May 20, 2011

2011.05.20 Life As A Cat

This must be how a cat feels. I need to rest/sleep at least as much as I am awake each day. The steroid dose I am on helps greatly with the headaches. I still have headaches, usually daily though.

I love being off chemotherapy. At least I can't blame myself for getting sick. It is nice to know I am not causing any of my fatigue either, like when I used to take thalidomide. Here are a list of all of my current problems: partial paralysis of the left side of my body, loss of almost all of my left visual field, impairment of my coordination so I can't walk well, button my pants or shirts without help, general vision problems (blurry and sometimes double vision).

I am grateful I am able to be home with my family right now instead of in some care home.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Thank you so much for the update Russ, wow you are being so brave and amazing and positive.
I love your updates so continue to do so as much as possible.
So are you able to sit in a chair and watch TV and things like that still?
Take care, Auntie L

Unknown said...

Nice blog, thanks for sharing the information. I will come to look for update. Keep up the good work.

brain cancer support